Roulette is a casino game named after the French word meaning little wheel. Players can decide to place bets on either single number, the colours, different grouping of numbers, whether it is odd or even number, or if the numbers are high (19-36) or low (1-18). The fact that all the players have to do have made the decision, and set back and let the wheel do the works.
When online gambling was first introduced in the mid of the 1990s, roulette was one of the initial games to be built for online casino players. Since then, there have been some changes to the game online, specifically the addition of online games featuring a live dealer, which to create a bridge between online and land-based play.
The rules of roulette are straightforward compare other online games. There’re two categories of roulette bets: inside bets and outside bets, each giving you a various way to win with each spin. Inside bets in roulette are defined as any bets that are made on the numbers themselves, which are displayed in the inside of the betting area at a roulette table.
1. Straight/Single Bet: When player want to place a bet on a single number, the payout for hitting a number is 36 to 1. Chip placement entirely within the square for the chosen number.
2. Split Bet: Player can bet on the ball dropping on one of two number next to one another on a board by making a split bet, placing the chips on the line between two numbers. The payout is 17 to 1 on winners. Chip placement on the edge shared by the numbers.
3. Street Bet: The roulette board is arranged in 12 rows of three number across, the payout is 12 to 4 Chip placement on the outer edge of the number at either end of the line.
4. Corner Bet: Spreading money around even more, player can bet on a four-number zone of the board by placing a cornet bet. The payout is 8 to 1. Chip placement on the common corner.
5. Street Bet: Similar to cornet bet, player can spread their bet across two rows of numbers, the payout is 5 to 1 if player win. Chip placement on the outer edge of the number at either end of the line.
1. Low/High Bet: An easy bet that the number will be in the chosen range. Place your bet if you think the winning number will be between 1 to 18 (Low) or 19 to 36 (High). The bet pays 2 to 1.
2. Red/Black: Player bet on the winning colour of the number either in black or red. The winning bet pays 2 to 1.
3. Even/Odd Bet: The final 50/50 bet that the player able to make is the even/odd bet. The winning bet pays 2 to 1.
4. Dozen Bet: Player bet on the number in the chosen dozen. Player can bet 1 to 12, 1 to 24, or 25 to 36. The winning bet pays 3 to 1.
5. Column Bet: A bet that the number will be in the chosen vertical column of 12 numbers. The winning bet pays 3 to 1.
As the main goal of any casino is to make money off the players, the game of roulette is devised in such a way that no strategy is guaranteed to work all the time. You will win some spins, you will lose some spins, sometimes you will make some money, and sometimes you will leave the table at a loss. That is the way of roulette, and that is what makes the game so exciting and addictive.